Thursday, August 14, 2014

Hanging out at home

  This week, we have just been hanging out at home.  We have a couple of fires in the area, so the valley is really smokey right now.  Also we've been having some weird weather to add to it.  So we haven't went to the pool at all, like I had planned.  Our little pool in the area is only open through tomorrow and then it will be closed until June.  :(  With the pool closing, soccer sign ups tonight, Gracie starting volleyball practice on Monday, I kind of feel like Summer is definitely wrapping up quickly.  Say it ain't so!!!

  I want to be in denial and just go hang out at the river and pretend we have all the time in the world. But I can't.  I started to panic a little yesterday, because we don't have anything for school supplies. Gracie needs a new backpack, kids need shoes, pencils and such, I need Costco.   But the thing is, in order to get any of these things we either have to order online or we have to make the 2 hour trip into town.  These are the times that I really wished we lived in a bigger town, so we could just make the 5 minute trek to Target, swing through Costco and head home.  A 2 hour drive to Costco, Target, Starbucks, pretty much anything, just stinks! Who has time for this kind of insanity!  Ha! I've done this my whole life.  You think I'd be used to it by now.  Nope!  Oh well... at least it's only 2 hours each way instead of 4, right?!

 On the upside, since we have been home, the kids and I have gutted out each of their rooms.  We've reorganized their stuff and went through all their clothes.  Once we get their new school stuff, it will be ready to be put away.

No comments:

Post a Comment