Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Brides of Wishmore

I read "The Brides of Wishmore" series a couple weeks ago.  They are written by Cathy Maxwell and  were a fun couple of books to read.  A little naughtier than what I usually try to read, but they were fun.   :)

The Bride Says No, was the first book in this series.  It was good, not my favorite by any means... but good.  It's a book of 2 sisters and 1 man.  One sister is engaged to a man that she doesn't want, but her sister does want him, and he wants her as well.  But pride is strong in these characters and they will have to make a choice on what they can afford to lose and what they can't.
                                   

The Bride Says Maybe, was the 2nd book in the series and I liked it even better than the first one.  I really liked the characters in this one.  It also had a lot of awkward tension.  Where you want to laugh out loud and maybe hide under the covers because you are embarrassed or nervous for them.  This book starts off with her father telling her that he is broke and the only way she can save him and herself is to marry a man that he has arranged for her, and that this man will be here in an hour and she will marry him.  Can you imagine?  I won't give you anymore information on this one, because I don't want to spoil it.  You could definitely read the 2nd one without having read the 1st book, but if you are wanting some of the history behind book 2, I'd definitely recommend reading them in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment