Wednesday, September 6, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

Today, I'm Linking up today with Mel, Shay & Sheaffer to share what we've been up to this last month.



 What we're eating

Last week we had Taco salad, Chili, and lots of Fair food.


What I'm reminiscing about

My sweet little Emma turned 10 the end of the month.
 I've definitely reminisced about all the fun years of being her Mama.


What I'm loving

I know this sounds a bit vague, but I'm really loving the ages that my kids are right now.  They are old enough to be pretty independent, funny and fun to be around.



What we've been up to

This month was a crazy one.

Gracie got her drivers license.


Jesse's ear drum ruptured and he lost over half of his hearing. (Thankfully it was only temporary) But that also meant no more swimming, which was not what we wanted in our last month of summer.


School started back up

& volleyball and soccer have begun.

Our firewood showed up.
Every year, we have one of the loggers drop off a load of logs.  We hire someone to cut it up, and then we are ready for the long winter.


What I'm dreading


Even though I'm not dreading anything, I'm also not excited about all of the fires and smoke we have in Montana currently.  There is no rain in sight and some say we might have to wait for snow to put them out.  The smoke is so thick through out our valley, that they are calling it Hazardous, which isn't great especially for those who have health issues already.   It's so thick that the aircraft's aren't even able to fly to help with the fires.
This picture was taken from my front porch.

I know there is a lot going on with the whole country right now, but if you think of it, Montana would LOVE your prayers for rain up here!


What I'm working on

 I took senior pictures for my nephew and a friend of his last month.  I'm trying to make the time to sit down and finish editing them.  I'm hoping now that the kids are back in school, that I'll be able to finish them up.


What I'm excited about

Two of my friends both have Freshman at the college in Bozeman this year, and we are planning to spend the weekend over there and check in on them.


What I'm watching/reading

I just finished Hart of Dixie, and haven't started anything else yet.  Randomly, we'll watch Last Man Standing.  It is such a funny show!

As far as reading, I have done absolutely nothing.   I blame it all on this new game I downloaded.
Anyone else a Pinochle fan?  It's addicting, and fun to have a card game right at my finger tips.


What I'm listening to

With the kids back in school, my house is really quiet.

I really want to start listening to podcasts, but how do I find them?  I've listened to Jamie Ivy's, but that's it.  Do you have favorites?


What I'm wearing


In the summer, I keep it simple.  Capri's, tanks, shorts, and Birkenstock's.

I'm sure going to miss wearing these outfits.  Within the next month, my outfits will have completely changed, and I'll be wearing jackets and boots.



What I'm doing this weekend

Not too much.  Gracie has an away game that we won't make it to, and Jesse has a soccer game that we'll attend instead.  It's hard missing one to go to the next, but her game is quite a ways away, and she has a lot more games than her brother, so we'll miss this one and hit the next.



What I'm looking forward to next month

I'll be watching lots of volleyball and soccer games, which are fun!  I'm looking forward to being back into the school routine.


What else is new

I can't think of anything else...

What is new with you?


I hope you are having a great week so far!
 
XO

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe the fires are so close to you! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Last Man Standing! Robert and I just started Parks and Recreation on Netflix and love watching 2 episodes before bed- it's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of my kids love Parks and Rec. I ended up seeing quite a few episodes while Katie was home.

      Delete
  3. I've been thinking of you with the fires. The smoke reached all the way down to Omaha where I was last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Last Man Standing! You are serious about your firewood girl! I'm so glad you said you hire someone to cut it. That's a lot of work. There's an app for podcasts if you don't already have it. I've only ever listened to one. Hope the fires subside at least a little. XO

    ReplyDelete