Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Master Bedroom Makeover

When we built our house 11 years ago, we were young and honestly, we didn't really have a clue what we were doing.  Yes, we thought we did, but we didn't.  We didn't know what color we wanted to paint our bedroom, so I told the painter to paint it a cream color and that we'd just repaint it once we figured out what we wanted.  Remember there was no Pinterest 11 years ago, so we were on our own for ideas.  We didn't love the color then, but we figured we'd wait a while to repaint since we had just spent our money building the house.  Years and years went by, and we still had no idea what to do.  I think I was just having a hard time committing to any color that wasn't white or beige.  Well, 11 years and one very talented friend later, this room finally got a much needed makeover.

Here's the Before...

The flower bouquet on the wall is mine from our wedding.  It may not be what some consider stylish anymore, but it was a wedding gift from my Mother in law, and I love it! 



And here's after...

The only thing we did to the room was paint the walls, change out the curtain over the door and we replaced the night stands.  It was a cheap makeover, but one that I feel made a huge difference.
We got our night stands from Costco, which worked out perfectly since that's where our headboard and dresser are from as well.  We've been able to get a piece every couple of years, and none of them were expensive enough to break the bank.


I'm keeping my eyes open for a lounge chair for this little nook.  I think it will be the perfect spot to cuddle up with a good book, a warm blanket and a hot cup of tea.

We have a pocket door in between our bedroom and bathroom.  I left it open in this picture so you could see where the door leads to... because if you are anything like me, you'd have been wondering.


The fun thing about this paint color is that it looks different in different lighting.  One time of day it will look more blue.  Then later in the day it will look kind of grey, and then other times especially in the evening, it takes on more of green tone.  It's a little harder to get tired of a color that never seems to look the same.  ;)


My advice to you today is, if you are ready for a change in an area of your house... buy the paint.  I can't get over how drastically different our bedroom feels. 


Have you updated a room in your house lately, or are you looking to?


Enjoy your day!

XO,

9 comments:

  1. Love that colour and the wainscotting at the bottom. The bouquet is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a difference the color makes. I love it and the wainscoting too! I love your bouquet in that neat frame, such a sweet keepsake. That furniture is beautiful too. I just love it all! xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new color looks great! I always think about doing that to my room but never get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the difference a paint color can make! And that's amazing your wedding bouquet is preserved so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the paint color!!! And what an awesome way to keep and display your bouquet. I need to remember Costco when looking for furniture. Your room makeover looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! :) Anything I can buy at Costco, I do. They have such good customer service!

      Delete
  6. Oh, isn't it amazing what a little paint does? And, I do love the bouquet and love sentimental touches like that in a home. Good job Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!!! It's just crazy what a difference paint makes and how it warms a space up! It's so nice to have a friend who's opinion you trust too. Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That paint color is so soothing, relaxing and spa-like! What a difference paint makes!

    ReplyDelete