Friday, July 8, 2016

Show Us Your Kid Rooms: Home Tour

I'm linking back up with Kelly for the home tours, and today is show us your kids rooms.

Now that our kids are older, we've let them help design their own rooms. We've tried to take their ideas and give them what they want (for the most part) while keeping things simple and practical.  They are constantly moving their beds to a new spot and changing things up a bit. 

The first room is Emma's.  Emma is 8 and she wanted her room pink, and she wanted zebra striped bedding.  I wasn't sure that we wanted the whole room pink, so my friend mentioned painting her room grey with a pink accent wall.  I love how it turned out.  As for the rest of the decor, she's old enough that I just let her do her own thing.
We're missing one curtain at the moment, so I think I'll just wait and put up new ones.  I want to order long white curtains for both of her windows. 



This is Jesse's room.  Jesse is 11 and he's really into sports... especially the Seahawks.  We tried to decorate his room around them, without letting it be too much.  The big grey wall isn't quite finished.  He has a couple of things that I still need to hang up, but for now... they're just chilling on his dresser.

This Russell Wilson Fathead, is probably my favorite.  He is giant. 


His dresser needs repainted.  I'm not sure yet if we'll paint it green or grey.  Orange just isn't cutting it.   Once I get a curtain for his room, these canvas's hung up and the dresser painted, his room will be done.

And lastly, this is Gracie's room.  Gracie just turned 14.  We added her room into the house a couple of years ago, so she'd have her own room.  She is the only one with a bedroom upstairs, which is why she has so much wood in her room.  It ties in with the rest of our upstairs. 

 When we built her room, all she asked for was a queen bed and lime green walls.  That's really all we've done so far.  She'll hang posters on her walls from time to time, but otherwise there isn't a whole lot going on.  After taking these pictures, I'm thinking I'll have to help her add a few things to her walls, and maybe even repaint when she's ready. 

I'd also love to get creative and do something fun over by her window.  Unfortunately, it gets really hot upstairs, so she has to have an AC unit in her window.  It isn't the prettiest thing, but it keeps it nice and cool.

Well that's it for kid rooms around here.

Here's the schedule if you are wanting to play along in the home tours or if you're wanting to come back and check out more rooms.  Next week will be guest bedrooms.  We don't have a guest bedroom, so I'll be back for home offices on the 22nd.
Below are links to the other rooms that I've shared.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that it's already Friday!  This has felt like the fastest week ever.  You sure won't hear my complaining about it though.  ;)

Have a good weekend you guys! 
 

4 comments:

  1. Aww I love your kids' rooms! I think the grey with the pink is perfect! Kevin just loves Fatheads. I didn't even know what they were until him. I LOVED lime green growing up so Gracie's totally would have been my room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their rooms are so cute - and peaceful!! I think white curtains will be beautiful in Emma's room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids have good size rooms. Those lime green walls are vibrant, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of their rooms! That pink and grey bedroom is awesome! I love pink and I love zebra stripes!

    ReplyDelete