Monday, September 1, 2014

Projects

  Today I've decided to link up to Andrea's blog and I'm showing you a couple of projects that I'm looking at.  See how I said "looking at," not doing or getting ready to start.  That's because I don't usually do DIY projects.  I wish I did.  Well I wish that if I did, that I would actually enjoy it.  I'm just not good at it.  I am not crafty... at all.  That being said, I do have a couple of things that I would like to have appear in my house.  :)

  First,  I would love to have some hooks in our mud/laundry room for the kid's backpacks and jackets.  When the kids come home, they throw their bags on the floor.  I come in after them and try and lean the bags up against the wall so they are out of the way, but no matter how many times I do this, I swear I am constantly tripping over them the rest of the evening. 

  I found a couple of pictures off pinterest that I thought were cute.  Isn't this one cute with a picture above each of the hooks?! 
Picture found on Pinterest. 

  This one is also really cute.  I like how they have the framed pictures up on the shelf.
Source
   I would also love to have some hooks in the bathroom, so the kids can hang their towels up, so that I'm not constantly washing the towels after each use.  They could use their own towel a couple of times, which would cut down on my laundry. 
Source
  My next big project would be to go through all of my photos from the time I married Dan, and save all of my favorite pictures in one folder.  Then as I can afford it, I want to print all of them and make different displays around the house.  Whether it be on canvas or in frames, or even to just put into different photo albums.  I have so many pictures that I've taken over the years, and they are either shoved into boxes or stuck on my computer. 
Source
 It's time!  :)

4 comments:

  1. I need to make a hook station right by my front door, this gave me the kick in the pants to get it started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! Hoping you post some pictures if you do... I love getting new ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the kids' photos over the backpack hooks. Super simple and practical, but oh, so cute! And I'm pretty sure I've pinned that stairway gallery photo. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos over the hooks. And going up the stairs! I need to pin that for my staircase!

    ReplyDelete