Wednesday, September 24, 2014

What we've been up to

  We have found a home for our bunny Skipper.  I am so excited for Skipper and for them.  They have ordered a special rabbit hutch, that has an area for him to run around plus a 2 level house for him to get shelter in.  We will definitely miss him, as he has been fun and is really cute.  We just aren't set up at the moment to keep him.  We could try to make it work, but with winter coming, we have a lot of firewood and winterizing around here, and we are getting short on time.  I think he's gonna love his new home!  He's got quite the personality.  Look at him standing up and looking around while Emma went to say good morning to him.   


Mom went to a quarter horse auction last week and brought home 2 more colts. They are so cute! They haven't been handled at all, so we are teaching them about grain... and getting them used to us being out in the pens with them.  She still hasn't decided on names, yet...  so I'm still on the hunt for that.

I don't have great food photography skills, but this chicken pesto pasta dish that I make is one of my new favorites.  It's super easy and sooo good.
 I cook my penne pasta, and while I'm waiting for it.  I saute my cherry tomatoes and some garlic in Olive Oil, until they are nice and hot.  I then add in my pasta, shredded chicken, lots of pesto, parmesan and mix it all together.  Done.  Easy and so good!  When I dish up, I add more parmesan, because I love cheese, and because why not!  ;)  Serve with some bread and you are good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment