Friday, January 12, 2018

Friday Introductions

Happy Friday Friends!

I thought today would be a great day to do a little Friday introduction for any of you who are new to my blog.  Plus some of you who have been around here for a bit, might learn a thing or two about me as well.



Dan and I have been married for 16 years, and we have 3 kids together.  Wherever I am, as long as we're together, I'm home.


I am an avid reader, but I don't like to read anything stressful or scary.  Life is stressful enough without me adding to it.  I prefer something funny, lighthearted or inspiring.  All that being said, my all time favorite book is Redeeming Love, which is kind of stressful... so what do I know.





I live in rural Montana, where there are no traffic lights, Walmart, Starbucks, Target... well you get the idea.  Amazon is how we roll.  You can check out this post to learn more about our home and the area where we live.


I don't eat mushrooms.  I decided a few years ago that I tend to like more and more foods the older I get, but mushrooms... no.  I mean, why should anyone have to learn to like fungus.  ;)  It ain't happening!




Once upon a time I opened and ran my own photography business for about 3 years.  I was blessed with amazing clients, and loved what I did, but I found myself too busy and with not enough time to devote to it and to my family.  So the business had to go.  Here is a post I did a while back, that you can read if you're interested.  Sometimes I miss it, but I don't regret giving more time to my family.


I love to cook, but just the thought of baking stresses me out.  I'm still trying to figure out why that is, and so far the only thing I can think of is, I don't enjoy exact measurements?!  When I cook, I just go with the flow, but with baking I feel like I need extreme focus, so I won't put in an extra cup of flour or not enough flour.  Are any of you like this?


I don't like a lot of noise... which is probably best that I live out in the country.  Some people love white noise, so they'll leave their TV or some music on.  Not me.  I prefer the sound of the fireplace, the laundry washing, or just absolutely nothing.  I mean if I'm going to listen to something, I guess I wouldn't mind listening to the sound of the waves on the beach, say... in Hawaii.  :)



I love to study scripture, and discuss it with those of the same beliefs and/or different.   I totally blame this on my Dad who has raised us up in the Word, and pushed and questioned us over the years.  One of my favorite things to do is discuss scripture with him.  My Dad used to preach for a lot of years, and now he just fills in every once in a while, and now that I'm older and I'm sure his sermons aren't based upon my High School years of drama, his sermons are my favorite.  #preachersdaughter


My dream would be to write a novel one day.  I have tons of different ideas, I just need to become a great author overnight so I can get them all down on paper.  Maybe someday I'll take that writing class that I've always wanted to take.


My eyesight is awful, but my hearing is worse.  If I knock my glasses off of my nightstand, I have to crawl around on the floor trying to find them... which my family thinks is entertaining.  ;)  As for my ears, I know if I go to an audiologist, they'll want to fit me for hearing aids... but I'm just not ready.  My family definitely doesn't find this entertaining, seeing as I ask, "what" a billion times a day.  I've learned to watch a lot of movies and shows without knowing exactly what they are saying.  As long as I can watch the show, I can usually figure out what they're talking about.  It's annoying, but I am kind of used to it.  This could also be the reason I prefer books over watching TV.


Okay, so don't leave me hanging, tell me something about you!  What is something you'd do if you knew you wouldn't fail?  Would you rather read a book or watch TV?  And did you know all of this about me?


I hope you'll share something, as I love getting to know you all.


Also, Erin hosted a link up earlier this week where they all shared 10 random facts about themselves.  Be sure and check it out for some fun reading this weekend.  :)


Have a great weekend!

  XO,

7 comments:

  1. I love this post! You should link it up with us on Thursday for our Girl Chat link up. We just announced our topics today and this is the first one :). I loved getting to know more about you. Your property always looks so beautiful! I also love that you enjoy reading the scripture and that it has been a part of you since childhood. It's so important and something we want to instill with the boys. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't live in a big city but I am to used to starbucks, Barnes &Noble being only about 15 minutes away. I really enjoy reading and have noticed as i've gotten older I don't watch as much tv.It was fun getting to know more about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could definitely get used to having a Starbucks nearby. I don't think my bank account would appreciate that though. :) Thanks for stopping over and saying hi.

      Delete
  3. This was so enjoyable! I love getting to know my blogging friends better. AND, my Dad was a pastor also, for 50+ years and he's still such a source of strength and wisdom to me. He's 88 and lives over in an assisted living facility about 6 miles from me. And, Redeeming Love is also one of my all time best reads. Oh, my, I recommend it to folks all the time. Happy Lord's Day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I clicked on your link up there, your home & property are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi There! I am a new reader and your blog caught my attention when you mentioned living in the middle of Montana (a dream!), not liking noise and so on - I kind of live in the middle of no-where too and love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! There is definitely something to be said about living somewhere quiet. :)

      Delete