Friday, February 17, 2017

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, Friends! 

Basketball ended last weekend, and we are sooo happy to have our weekends back!  It was a long season.  The season started all the way back in November and we've been busy running Gracie to practice or games, 6 days a week.  It's been fun, but crazy!  So this weekend, we've already warned the kids, that we aren't doing anything more than we have to.  We're hoping to just enjoy a relaxing weekend at home.

Here are a few of my favorites this week.

These girls are the best!  Having friends who love you, in spite of all your crazy quirks, is priceless.


Gracie posted this picture on her Instagram account of her cousin and her.  I love how close they are.  Belle is 8 months older, and she lives across the field from us.  They act like sisters one day and best friends the next.  I'm so thankful that these two have each other.


We may be up to our knees in snow still, but our spirits are quickly lifted with blue skies and the sunshine.



This is the book I'm currently reading.  I snapped a picture while I waited for the kids to get off the bus.  I've gotten better lately, at packing a book with me wherever I go, and it's made a huge difference on how much I've been able to read.  Last month I read 6 books!  This Danielle Steel book is my 4th one for this month.  Having more time to read lately, is definitely a favorite of mine!


And my very favorite thing this week is... 
Dan and I are booking a trip for just the two of us!!!  We haven't narrowed down exactly where we want to go... but I'm hoping we'll have it booked this weekend.  I just want to be at the beach with warm, sunny weather, and have time to just unwind with my man.  We're looking at going to the Caribbean, and honestly, I don't know that I care which island we go to... I'm just ready!  So if you have any islands that you loved, let me know!  I'd love to hear what you recommend.

That's it for this week...


I linked up with Andrea, Erika & Narci.
And Christina, April & Natasha with Five On Friday.


Have a great weekend!

XO,

6 comments:

  1. That picture of the snow is beautiful! We have gone to Mexico and the Dominican Republic, both were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a trip and the Caribbean waters are so beautiful! We loved St Thomas but they are all great!!!! Knee deep in snow??? Oh my goodness. I hope you review all your books, I always add to my never ending queue with your great suggestions!! Enjoy your quiet weekend! Xoxo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was more of a reader. We're trying to figure out where to go for a family vacation this summer. Snepkace exotic with just the 4 of us before our sun enters the real world after graduation. It stresses me out trying to figure out where. I'll be excited to see where you choose. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 6 books in a month, that's impressive! And, the picture of the snow looks like clouds. Just beautiful! Great that you and Hubby are getting away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always the days I don't bring a book with me that I find myself with random time to spare!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go - I'm now motivated to finish ONE haha hop ya'll had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete