Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What's Up Wednesday

It's the last Wednesday of the month again, and I'm recapping our month by linking up and sharing what's up with Shay & Mel.


 

What we're eating this week

Grilled chicken & Cesar salad
Hamburgers
Pizza
Chili
And then of course, leftovers.  :)

What I'm reminiscing about

 
I'm reminiscing back when summers were quiet and lazy.  Each year our summers seem to get a bit busier.  All 3 kids, will have some kind of a sports camp going on this summer.  Gracie will have multiple ones, as she's preparing to enter high school sports.  We will still have some lazy days here and there, but unfortunately, I see lots of running around this summer.   I'm hoping to be proved wrong.  ;)

What I'm loving


I'm loving that my kids are old enough to sit and play a game of cards.  We grew up playing cards with my Grandma.  I think she had us playing by the time we were 5 or 6 years old.  I don't play nearly as often as I did since she's been gone.  I'm thankful that my kids have jumped in and started getting me to play again.

What we've been up to

May is always a fun and busy month.  The kids go on field trips.  They have their spring concerts at school.  Dan left for a week to Minnesota, and just got back last weekend.  We've started camping, and we're getting ready for Gracie's 8th grade graduation.  Lots going on around here.
 Me and my sister, Lindy.
When Dan was gone, the kids and I headed over and got camp all set up.  It was good for us, and now we know we can do it by ourselves if we ever need to.  Except moving the camper... I don't want to have to move that or even hook it up by myself.  Somethings in life, I'm okay never having to do.

What I'm dreading

Nothing really...

 What I'm working on

I'm working on getting organized before the kids are done with school.  I need to work on chore lists, so we have some structure to our days.  If I don't make the kids a list, they are more than happy to sit and watch tv while I am running around the house cleaning.  Plus a list is much better than me having to repeat myself to each child a million times on what I wanted them to do.

What I'm excited about

I'm excited that Dan should be done traveling for a little while now.  He's been in Washington and over in Minnesota.  It seems like he's traveled quite a bit lately, so it will be nice to have him home again.

What I'm watching/reading

I've still been watching Friends, reruns in the evening, because they are just funny!  And The Bachelorette is now back on.  Both are my guilty pleasures, but to balance it out, I do watch Beth Moore's Living Proof episodes, every week as well.  That does balance it out, right!?
As far as reading, I've jumped into a Pirate series.  I'll post about it soon, but it's a fun and easy read.  I actually started with the last book first, and then jumped in and moved back to the first book.  I'm almost done with the 3rd one, which will end the series for me.  I love when I find a good series.

What I'm listening to

I don't listen to a lot.  I like it quiet.  If I'm home alone, I keep everything turned off.  If I'm in the car, I listen to either a country music station, or a I listen to the Message.  More times than not, it's the Message.  I know a lot of people who need background noise... I'm not one of them.  Dan has teased me over the years, that I want our house to be a library, because I enjoy it being so quiet.  That's totally not true, but I do very much enjoy libraries.  ;)


What I'm wearing

I'm all over the map still.  One day it's 80 and the next it's 60.  Everyday is a surprise!  ;)  But I can tell you, I am more than ready to wear shorts and flip flops every single day.


What I'm doing this weekend

If it's not raining, we are hoping to camp again since it's Memorial Day weekend and everyone has an extra day off.


What I'm looking forward to next month

I'm looking forward to not waking the kids up at 6am to get ready for school.  I don't have to pack lunches or hurry us all out the door to catch the school bus.  I'm hoping to just get myself up and enjoy a cup of coffee or two before getting them all up for the day.

What else is new

Nothing, that I can think of.




What are you excited for next month?

3 comments:

  1. So fun! I forgot to get a post ready for this today! Man, I've been trying to figure out what to do about summer camps for the kids. They're so expensive :-/ but I want them to attend at least one. They're at least doing church camp and maybe another random one. Have fun camping! Sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year I start summer camps for my kids also! And yeah, I need to figure out a chore schedule--- great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for summer! We don't have a lot of plans and I'm pumped about that. But A has a few summer camps that I'm glad she's going to; will give me a bit of a break, haha!

    ReplyDelete