Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Stranded With 3 Books

I'm linking up today with Shay and Erika today.  They've started a fun new linkup a couple of weeks ago called, Stranded With.  This week, we're supposed to share what 3 books we would bring if we were going to be stranded on a deserted island. 


 I LOVE books.  I love old books, new books, kid books... all of them.  I love the way a new book smells.  I love everything about them.  But that being said... if this deserted island just happened to have electrical outlets and wifi, I'd bring my Kindle.  I could have all my books in one, and I wouldn't need to pick just 3.  ;)

But if my kindle isn't a choice, and I had to choose just 3 books, I'd choose...

1. My Bible

 I don't ever want to do life without God's word.  Ever!  I don't write in my bible, but I highlight anything and everything that speaks to me.  For years I only highlighted promises or scriptures that would uplift me when I needed it.  But now I'm highlighting things I don't understand and want to look into later.  Sometimes I'll just highlight a word or two and other times I'll highlight the whole paragraph.  It just depends on what's jumping out at me.


2. Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers

 This my friends, is an amazing book based off the story of Hosea in the bible.  I'm going to assume you have all read this, but if you haven't...  shut down your computer right now and go get it.  It is that good.  

The beginning of the book is AWFUL!  Not because of Francine's writing, but because of this persons circumstances.  It's ugly and nobody wants to think of such things, but honestly after reading this book, I look at people a lot differently.  It's easy for us to look at a complete stranger and judge without knowing a thing about them.  This book has reminded me over and over again, not to.  I have NO idea where someone has come from.

After you get past the first couple chapters, it's an amazing read, and through these characters, we get a small glimpse of how much our Heavenly Father loves us.  So, so good!


 And last but not least...

The Mark of The Lion series.

 You can buy this in a set, so I'm counting it as one!

My brother bought me this set for my birthday years ago, since he knew that I liked the authors other book.  This one didn't seem like it was going to be one I'd be interested in, but I love my brother, and decided I was going to read it anyways.

I started and stopped this book 2 times.  I could only make it into the 2nd chapter and I'd quit.  Finally my sister looked it up online and saw how high the ratings were.  It also said, keep reading until the 3rd chapter and you will be hooked.  So... I started it over for the 3rd time, determined to make it to the 3rd chapter and guess what... I was HOOKED!  I read the first book and quickly jumped into the 2nd and finally the 3rd.  There was no going back!

 This set got passed around so many times that it was falling apart and I have since bought 2 more sets to keep lending out.  It's that good!  Just don't give up on it until you've reached the 3rd chapter.  ;)

Okay, now it's your turn.  I'd love to hear what 3 books you'd take with you if you were going to be stranded on a deserted island?


XOXO

1 comment: