Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Weekend Happenings

Our weekend consisted of basketball, baking, football games, sleepovers, bowling, a birthday party, church, and figuring out how to get cat urine out of a mattress.  Yeah, that's right... be jealous.  ;)

I think it was our old cat that did it, but this is the very reason that I don't want indoor animals.  I just don't love them enough to let them do things like this.  If he wasn't already an outdoor cat, he would be now.  He likes to come in every once in a while to take a nap and then he's back out to the barn.  He might be taking his naps in the barn from now on, because Mama ain't got time for that.

Friday mid morning, Dan took off from work and we headed over to Spokane to pick up my new kitchen chairs.  The table had been delivered the day before, and what's a new table without chairs to go with it.  

Such a good husband to drive me over.  Doesn't he look so excited?  Haha!
Really, he didn't mind.  :)

 Saturday morning, Jesse had a basketball scrimmage after a bit of practice.
His ball handling skills have come a long ways from last year, and I'm excited to see it on the court. 

The Seahawks played on Sunday and it was painful!  It's too bad they didn't show up the first half of the game like they did for the second half.  Yikes!  

Yesterday all 3 kids decided to do some baking by themselves.  I'm glad they wanted to, but on the other hand, I'm not a baker, and I hate the mess.  At least they are old enough that I can tell them, that nobody leaves the kitchen until every surface has been wiped down and everything is put back in order.  

They had fun.  They made little donuts and little cake pops.  They worked on their fractions, worked as a team and for the most part got along.  Me, I just hid out until they said they were done.  After taking a couple pictures of course.
XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Busy weekend!! I am with you on indoor animals - but we are lonely without a dog...I just need one that doesn't shed, doesn't have indoor accidents and doesn't keep me up at night as a puppy. Not too much to ask, right!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it sounds like a fun weekend :) Exciting that you got chairs! I am not a fan of cats because ours used to pee on my bed growing up. I do love my dogs, but cats hate me. How cute that your kids wanted to bake. Glad you got to rest while they did it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your kids baked. That's so awesome. A said she wants to go on the Kids Baking Challenge on Food Network. I obviously have a lot to do to get her there, haha! And I totally agree on the I door animals. I'd much rather have horses.

    ReplyDelete