Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Our weekend

I thought today I'd recap a bit of our weekend. 

Thursday evening after Dan got off work, we headed for the driving range to hit some balls.  I never golfed until I met him and even in all the years we've been together I've only ever golfed maybe... 6 times.  He hasn't made it out to play much lately and he needs to be practicing up for a big tournament that he's in every year, so I told him we should go shoot some balls.  Poor guy started laughing at me.  He informed me that even though we live in Montana, we still only hit balls, we don't shoot them.  Okay... got it honey!  ;)

Is it me or do I look like I'm ready to play baseball instead?

Even though I'm not quite good enough to go on tour yet, we had a lot of fun and laughed a ton.  


Friday evening after Dan got off work we headed up to the lake.  It was chilly and almost stormy. 
The other direction didn't look as bad with the sun setting.  I love a good sunset, but I equally loved the stormy sky as well. 

Saturday morning, Dan and I woke up early and enjoyed this view before the kids woke up.  Peace!

After the kids woke up we loaded everybody into the boat and headed to Big Fork for breakfast again.  I think it's everybody's favorite new tradition.

The restaurant is always packed.  I think it's one of the only places open for breakfast.  Emma and I found a bench down the street and took a morning selfie. 

 Hopping back in the boat after breakfast.  Time to hit the water.



I even drove the boat for a bit.  I was feeling very smug.  I may have even been talking to the kids in my strong pirate accent.  Anything can happen when you are handed the wheel of a ship boat. 

Sunday we hit the water early and let the kids do some more tubing. 
 We got home around bedtime Sunday evening and hit the floor running Monday morning. 

It looks to be another busy week.  Work hard, play harder.  That is our summer so far!

5 comments:

  1. Great photos! What a beautiful family weekend. I love that photo with the sunset, really very pretty! I have never played golf before, but it would be fun to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's fun. I really don't have any idea what I'm really doing, but I'm hoping to get good enough to be able to play with out completely embarrassing myself. Ha! Have a great day! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great weekend. There is nothing better than waking up on the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so wonderful! Just found your Blog and followed in bloglovin. So precious. We are a family of five too and I love reading blogs like yours! Happy Tuesday!!

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete