Monday, July 6, 2015

4th of July

And just like that the 4th of July has already come and gone.  I can't get over how fast this summer seems to be flying by.

I was too busy having fun and enjoying my day on Saturday that I didn't take a single picture.  Thankfully a few people had their camera's out.

My brother in law loaded up all of us Mom's and dropped us off upstream.  Most years it only takes us about 2 hours to float back down.  This year we were 3 1/2 hours in and still had a ways to go, so we had to have the guys tow us back.  We would have been more than happy to have stayed out there longer, but we figured we were being missed by our men and kids, and somebody had to get dinner started.  :)

My younger two are out of town for a couple of days staying with their cousins and Dan had to run into work to deal with an issue yesterday evening.  So it was just Gracie and I, which doesn't happen very often.  We watched a movie and just relaxed.  Perfect way to spend a Sunday evening with my girl. 


Gracie just got done with a basketball camp last week and now we are starting back up with a volleyball camp this week.  It's the story of July.  Just looking at July on my calender makes me a bit stressed as there are only a couple of days where we don't have much planned.  Time to put on some running shoes. 
I hope you all had a great weekend as well.

3 comments:

  1. Always a sign of a really good weekend when you have so few pictures! What a fun tradition that is with you guys always floating down the river each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good weekend! I love floating on the river!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! We LOVE floating the river. Haven't done it in a while so we need to for sure. So glad you had a great weekend Jenny!

    ReplyDelete