Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Redemption

  Last night I finished the book called, Redemption.  It is written by Karen Kinsbury and Gary Smalley.  It is the first book in it's series.  It was definitely different from other books that I've read.  Without giving anything away it's a book about a woman who fights for her marriage, while her husband is having an affair and wants a divorce. 


  First off, I can NOT imagine!  I think I'm like most people and that the idea of wanting to stay with an unfaithful spouse is something a little hard to comprehend.  I feel like we live in a world where the idea is mind blowing actually.  We have more the mind set of, "Don't let the door hit ya on the way out."  But this character has a strong conviction that God wants her to stay in this marriage, pray for her husband and stick it out.  My mind is still trying to wrap itself around this book.  Which means it is a good book.  Good books are always the ones that take a couple days to work through.

  It was a little slow in the beginning, but it picked up and by the end my Kleenex box was a must.  I bought the second book last night and I'm excited to keep reading.  I am so glad that it is a series.  I haven't ran into a series for a while, and I've missed them.  I hate reading a good book and then just having it end.  There are so many things usually left unsaid or undone, and I feel that a series gives me more closure.  Which I feel I need!  :)  This book does leave you with closure, so if you only want to read just this one, you don't have to read the others to get it.  But curiosity has yet to kill this cat, so I'm on to the next book.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment