Friday, January 3, 2014

My helpful tools

  I love the idea of a clean slate.  A chance to do better and to make our lives better.  So a new year excites me with possibilities and motivation to make this year even better.  After reading Shay's post about this neat planner from Eric Condren I jumped at the chance to get one as well.   I love that I could personalize it with family pictures.  I love the idea that when I look at my calender to schedule things in it, that the first thing I'm gonna see is my families faces and I'm hoping that it will make me think about whether it is something that I really want to be scheduling in or not.  I'm hoping that being more organized this year will help everything, to run smoother and for me to accomplish more this way.

  Also... I've decided that it's time for me to be a big girl (now that I'm 31) and start taking my vitamins.  So I've started taking a multi vitamin and a vitamin D supplement.  Through out the winter and spring months it is rare that we see the sun.  I feel that we could easily go 3 to 3 1/2 weeks without seeing the sun.  So depressing!!!  So when we see it, I am rejoicing and thanking God all day for it.  I'm hoping that the vitamin D will help give me a little boost.  Plus I'm trying to keep drinking lots of water through out the day.  Which I feel I do better with if I have my water bottle or this water cup filled up and sitting on the counter. 

 
  And I think it's time that I dusted this baby off and get to work.  :)  We have one really small "gym" in our town.  From what I've seen of it, it doesn't look too motivating.  They've just got a few pieces of equipment in a house that's been remodeled to fit the equipment in.  I figured years ago that I would save the $60 a month and just try to exercise at home.  It's definitely not as motivating, but maybe I can find some yoga videos or something?!  But until then, this bike and I are gonna become friends. 


  I bought myself a journal that I am going to try writing in everyday.  I've come across a few different people lately that have suggested to journal 3 things that you are grateful for everyday along with one positive thing that happened to you that day.  I guess it's supposed to help you look for the good things each day, and help train your brain to think more positively.  Thought I'd give it a try.


  And last but not least, I want to spend more time in God's word, in prayer and memorizing scripture.  The coffee... I should probably cut back on.  Maybe I will wait and work on cutting back the coffee until next year!  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment