Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!!!

 

  Dan and I were laughing yesterday as we were picking up the house from our New Years Eve party.  Jesse and Gracie were in the living room talking and they were saying how they thought 2013 was a really good year and how they already missed it.  :)  I am thankful that they could look back on the year that we had with all the fun things that we did, and that it was fun and happy for them. 

  2013 was a growing year I feel for me.  I decided to put my photography career on hold indefinitely, as I refocus my attention to the most important things in my life.  The extra money on the side isn't worth the time away from my family, when we can do without it.  I look at my family and realize that I've got one shot... to raise these silly kids, to love them, teach them, listen to them and there isn't anything that I would rather do than be a stay at home Mom so that I can be there anytime that I'm needed.  A career for me can wait if I'm supposed to have one.  I've been blessed with an amazing family and I don't want to look back years later and realize that my eyes were set on material things instead of on Jesus and loving the family He blessed with me with. 

  I look forward to making new memories with my crew and I hope that my kids will think as fondly of 2014 as we did with 2013. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment