Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Blossom Lake

Last weekend, my Mom, my nephew, a friend of ours and myself took Mom's horses up to Blossom lake.  I have never hiked into a lake before on horseback, and I think that's my new favorite way to go.  It was sooo fun!
 It was so pretty and relaxing up there.  I would love to go back up and stay for a couple of nights.
 We're hoping to hit another lake maybe in the next week or so. 
 This little creek, is one that we crossed when we got up towards the lake.  My horse crossed a rock and then decided that she wanted to jump the rest of the way.  It took be by surprise and when she jumped my sunglasses went flying off and into the water.  Mom was behind me on her horse, so I had to wait until after they crossed to look for my glasses.  Thankfully they didn't go floating down the creek or get stepped on or broken.  They were all clean and in one piece.  :)

 Next time I'll have to bring my wide angle lens.  I brought one, thinking it would be wide enough, but I could only get sections of the lake in my camera instead of one big shot!  :(

 This was the horse that I rode up.  Her name is Tequila.  Sometimes, she can be a little moody.  But thankfully we got along just fine.
I took this picture as we were headed back out towards the road.  We felt so bad for some of the hikers that were walking up.  We went up early and were coming out about the time that it was starting to get pretty warm out.  But as we were coming out there was a bunch of people walking in.  They were so hot and tired, they were all asking if they were almost to the top yet.  Unfortunately they were maybe half way.  Some weren't even half way yet.  It's about a 3 1/2 - 4 mile hike.  I don't think I'll be going on foot until I get a bit more in shape.  But on horseback, it was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment