Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Running



 As I was sitting down to edit a few pictures that I'd taken of the horses, it came over me that this is exactly how I feel lately.  Like I'm in one big race with life, and I'm running along to the next thing... and honestly, I'm tired of it.


I'm ready to sit and read a book.

I'm ready to really enjoy that cup of coffee.

I'm ready to sit in Gods word, and not feel rushed to jump back up and get busy again.  To sit and truly listen to what He's telling me.

I'm ready to see what I can do to make someones day a little better or easier.

I'm ready to spend some quality time with those I love most.

I'm ready to feel caught up, and on top of my game. To not feel like I'm always a half a day behind.

I'm ready to slow everything down and enjoy the little moments!



I may not be able to slow everything down, as we all know.  Practices, games, dinner, bills, laundry... they'll keep coming at us, but I believe that we have choices through out our day on the things we can cut out.


I'm choosing to cut out perfection or the idea of it.

 I'm choosing not to worry when I only get 2 blog posts out a week.

I'm choosing to embrace that my house is well lived in and might never be as clean as I'd like.

I'm choosing to cut out the unnecessary and embrace the important things in life.



What are you finding that you're having to cut out in order to embrace life a little more?

 XO,

8 comments:

  1. I love this! And needed to hear it today. I have got to let go of my need for perfection. It has its hold on me, and I need to accept that not everything has to be in its place and not everyone will. Shave! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn’t agree with you more! Life is to be enjoyed, not endured!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Feels like where I am right now. I committed to too many things this Fall and it's affecting all of us and really I'd just rather be spending time with my family. I do need to let go of the perfection though! Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sweet Erin, there's so much vying for our time these days and we have to learn to save our yeses for the "best" not the "good." You are likely at the busiest time of your life with children and I promise you that these years will pass so quickly and you will then have the time for some of the the things you have probably had to lay aside for now. You are so wise in your thouhts and I commend you. May the Lord bless your endeavors! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes yes yes yes yes!!!! I'm trying to do the same in our house. I'm tired of being so busy all the time. I want more slow days with loved ones to truly savor.
    Kelsey
    www.kelseypeacock.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeeeeeeeeeees to all of this! I always feel like I'm racing against my life and sometimes I'm just flat out exhausted from it! I want to breathe!!

    ReplyDelete