Friday, March 18, 2016

I'm Going To Prom

The weekend may be coming up, but things aren't slowing down around here.

Emma tried out for the school play on Monday and made it, so I'll be watching both performances today. 

And then tomorrow evening...

I'm going to Prom!

Yes, you read that right.  When I told my sister I was going, she sent me this picture!  Haha!  I thought it was fitting, and couldn't love it more.
  
One of my besties and I, get to be chaperon's, and I'm having the hardest time trying to figure out what to wear.  Nobody has told me what I should wear, so I'm all over the map.

Part of me wants to go looking like this...
Maybe even bring some binoculars and a walkie talkie.

Another part of me wants to go like this...
After all, it is PROM!

And the other part of me wants to go like this...
Hahaha!

What's a girl to do?  So many choices!

Unfortunately, I really don't want the kids to hate me, so I may try to dress and act somewhat normal.  But then there's the whole issue of dancing.  When a good song comes on, am I actually required to just stand there and not bust a move?

My sister asked, "What if Foot Loose comes on?  How do you stand still for that?"  Yikes!  What about Jump Around?  Why isn't there more pins on Pinterest, telling us how to be a fun chaperon, and what we're supposed to wear and how we're supposed to act?

I don't want to sit on a chair in the corner of the gym watching the clock until it strikes midnight, and be a lame chaperone.  And that's another thing... I don't feel old until I'm told I have to stay up until midnight.  Friends, I'm going to have to take a nap tomorrow afternoon, just so I'm able to stay awake, because, I'm sure it's highly frowned upon for the chaperon to be napping in her chair during the dance.

I'm hoping I can take a few pictures and maybe come back next week with a few pointers, in case any of you ever end up in this same situation.

But until then...

Have the best weekend!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. You should totally write a post on being a chaperone! That would be awesome. Prom, I can't believe it. Hope it's enjoyable for you!

    ReplyDelete