Thursday, October 2, 2014

My week in a nutshell

This week I have been spending time trying to get the house caught up.  Cleaning and running errands.  I got a couple pumpkins to decorate our front porch with.  Now I just have to figure out what to do with them.  I am not good at this stuff.  But, hey... at least I try. 


And because I am so mature, I bribe myself with a treat for a job well done.  I may not have Starbucks, but I have Cheri and she makes a mean mocha.  #awfulselfietaker #ohwell 
So I've been getting stuff done, except for yesterday.  Yesterday, I did nothing but play around on ancestry.com.  I have been working on finding more about Dan's ancestors for a few years now, and I felt like I got a couple of new leads.  So I got sucked into the computer for most of the day.  Then I needed to hurry and get into town to watch the kids run in the 'fun run' at school.  After that I had a small window of opportunity to hurry back home, and get some things done so that it would look like I had been working away on the house all day.  I'm sure I fool no one.  Haha! 

This morning Jesse and I are headed out of town to go to the Orthodontist for a follow up.  He had his braces taken off a month or so ago, so now we just have to make sure that his retainer is doing it's job I guess.  It's a long hour and a half drive each way just to have them check it.  But it will be worth it, right?!  I'm hoping we can find somewhere fun to eat lunch.

Tomorrow is our homecoming parade and then our homecoming football game.  Gracie gets to be in the parade this year with her volleyball team, so she's pretty excited about that.  It's always so weird to attend parades, where I don't have any of my kids with me.  :(  It's such a bittersweet feeling having them grow up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment