Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Pinspiration Wednesday- Crock Pot Meals

We are nearing a very busy time of year.  The start of a new school year, sports and holiday prep is fast approaching.  It's time to start thinking of fast and easy dinners.

Today I'm linking up with Leigh, Justine and Erica to share my favorites.

I need to start taking pictures of what I cook so that I'll have my own pictures... but since I don't, I found a couple of recipes off of Pinterest that are similar to how I make mine.

Chili

 EASY, cozy, comforting, healthy slow cooker chicken chili, set it and forget it! Ready in 7-8 hours. Recipe at sallysbakingaddiction.com:

Chili is on a constant rotation at our house.  Everyone loves it, and it's easy enough to make it a bit different.  You can switch out chicken for beef or vice versa.  You can top it with saltines, or fritos.  Add cheese, or don't... everyone can eat it how they like it.  Plus, I like to make a huge pot, so that the kids can take some for lunches if they want or if I need to we can freeze the other half.  If we have people over for football, and I'm in a hurry trying to figure out what to make... chili is usually my 1st choice.

Pulled BBQ Chicken Sliders

Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken sliders - super easy family friendly crock pot dinner:
Source

My other go to crock pot meal is usually BBQ chicken sliders.  Gracie can't eat them with a bun, (since she's gluten free), so her and I will usually put them on a hard corn taco shell or we'll just put the BBQ chicken right on our plate and top it with crumpled chips.  Again it's one of those recipes that everyone can dish it up how they want, and get a little creative.

To see what else I'm pinning on Pinterest, you can find me HERE.

What is your favorite crock pot meal that you seem to make over and over?


6 comments:

  1. DEFINITELY trying the BBQ chicken idea as nachos or on a tortilla! LOVE this idea! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy! It's definitely one of my favorites. Thanks for hosting. :)

      Delete
  2. Chilli is the best when you cook in the crock pot. So yummy. Great picks. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it just sits and cooks all day, which makes it great. Thanks! You too. :)

      Delete
  3. I love, love, love a slider!! What is it about those tiny buns that are so much better than just a sandwich??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for Crock Pot season again! I will be taking full advantage of it this fall and winter. Great recipes Jenny!

    ReplyDelete