Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lately...

It's been a little bit busy around this house lately.  Last week there were 2 different nights of Christmas concerts for the kids.  Today they had a Christmas concert/play at church.  Dan's parents came down for the concert today and then we met up for lunch and headed back to the house to exchange Christmas gifts.

Gracie got a sewing machine, which she was super excited about, (something she's been wanting for a long time) since she's been wanting to design clothes.  Lately, she's been cutting up old clothes, and fabric and taping them together.  Ya, I know it is time.  But the problem is that I swear sewing machines hate me.  We only had the sewing machine up and running for 20 minutes, and it's already down and needs the help of a sewing expert.  When I sew I'm like a little kid who gets a hold of their parents computer, and when the parent walks over and looks at the screen, they stare and wonder how and what the kid did to their computer.  Well, that's me with a sewing machine.  I do things, that people don't even know you could do.  But I'm working on that, or I will be soon. 


Dan and I baked a couple batches of cookies last night.  I like cooking most days, but I really dislike baking... so I mix it up and Dan bakes.  If I'm actually going to bake them myself, I would have to strap a timer onto my body, otherwise, I get busy and seem to be on the other end of the house, and then I usually think, "Oh, crap... the cookies" and run across the house to the smell of burnt cookies.  So Dan, bless his heart has offered to continue being the 'baker' in the house.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment