Thursday, February 25, 2016

What's Up Wednesday on a Thursday

Get ready to say goodbye to February, because just like that, we're already at the last Wednesday Thursday of the month.  Crazy, isn't it?!


Since it's the last Wednesday Thursday of the month, I'm here to share my What's Up Wednesday post.  Linking up again with Shay, Mel & Sheaffer.

I meant to get this post out yesterday, but my best friends Father in law passed away, and this blog of mine was nowhere near a priority.  So a Thursday, What's Up Wednesday post is what you get.  I almost skipped it, but decided, I wanted to write it even just for myself.  I know I will enjoy looking back on these years down the road. 

What we're eating this week

Taco's, pizza, and lasagna.  Normally I enjoy cooking dinner, but lately I haven't felt very inspired to cook, so I'm keeping it simple.

What I'm reminiscing about

 I've been reminiscing about the days when I still had a nice stomach before I had kids.  Just thinking about summer and wanting to fit into a swimsuit, has me frowning in the mirror a lot.  ;)
    

I've started adding things to a "Get Fit" board on Pinterest.  You can check out what I've pinned so far by clicking here.  And if you're on Pinterest, I'd love to check out your boards as well.

What I'm loving

We've had a couple of nice days lately, where the sun has peaked through.  There's not much I love more than warm sun shining on my face.
This was my drive home from town today.  I often take for granted the beauty of where I live, as I drive this road daily.  But today with the sun shining, I was counting my blessings.

Also, I'm loving this...
It cracks me up, maybe because I see this happening sooner that I ever thought.  Haha!

What we've been up to

 Gracie got her braces on last week.  Her mouth was pretty sore, but she seems to be doing better now.

The kids are finishing up their bowling season.  Only 2 more Sundays and then our Sunday afternoons will be cleared up.  Woohoo!

None of my kids wanted to sign up for Spring sports, so we are pretty flexible.  I'm hoping we can get out and ride bikes, take walks and just enjoy the outdoors.

What I'm dreading

Emma has a cavity, so we've got to make another trip to the Dentist.  I feel bad that she has to have her tooth worked on.  I always wish it was me instead.  Not that I would look forward to it either.

What I'm working on

Dan and I were hoping to take a trip with the kids over spring break, but we haven't been able to narrow down where to go.  There are so many different places we'd like to visit, but when you look at taking 5 people, it gets expensive.  Especially, because a lot of hotels don't accommodate for more than 4 people, unless you are looking to book 2 rooms.  Which is awful, because it instantly doubles the hotel price.  Yuck!  So we are still looking around. 

What I'm excited about

I'm excited for Spring break.  Even if we don't go anywhere or do anything big over break, I am excited to just have some down time with the kids. 

What I'm watching/reading

  I just finished, 'For The Love' by Jen Hatmaker.  The first half of the book was okay.  There were a couple of chapters that I really liked and then there were chapters that were just okay.  But I really liked the second half of the book.  There were a couple of chapters, that I felt I could have written myself, because I could relate so much to what she was saying.

And of course, I've still been watching the Bachelor.  I don't get sucked into many shows, but this one, I'm completely addicted to.  I know it's silly, but it's so much fun to watch.

Dan and I have also been watching Dateline lately.  Creepy and interesting.  I don't mind a good mystery as long as I'm not scared.  If it's scary, there's no way I'll watch.  I don't have time to be jumping at my own shadow all the time.  ;)

What I'm listening to

 My favorite song at the moment is, God Is On The Move, by 7eventh Time Down.  If you haven't heard it before, look it up.  So so good!  Every time I hear it, my hands are in the air and it makes me want to jump up and start praising Him.  It's my instant feel good song.  And who doesn't like those kind of songs!  :)

What I'm wearing

It's Montana, people.  I wear jeans 9 months out of the year.  It has to at least be in the 70's before I'll even think about changing out for something cooler.  But it has been unseasonably warm for February, so twice I have worn flats, which is huge.  Because 1 it has to be warm enough, and 2 we can't have snow.  Which at the moment is true for both.  It's been in the low 40's lately, so it's funny that we think it's unseasonably warm.   Be jealous!  Ha!  ;)

What I'm doing this weekend


Both Jesse and Gracie have basketball tournaments... in two different towns, in two different directions.  I watched Jesse last weekend, so this weekend I'll go watch Gracie play and Dan will go with Jesse.  

It's also my sisters birthday this weekend, so hopefully we'll get in some sister time.

What I'm looking forward to next month

I'm hoping if the weather stays nice, that I can talk Dan into bringing our camper back home, so we can get it all set up.  We go back and forth whether we want to sell it or not, but we all love it when we make time for it.  It's good for us to get away for the weekend as a family and not be distracted by lawns that need mowed, chores that need done, or even just our silly electronics.  So I'm hoping we get it out soon and use it.  That is, if it doesn't snow again.

What else is new

Not much... just living life.


XOXO
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl you and me both on the stomach front. I'm dreading this summer and bathing suits. I hope you find a place to go during spring break! It's been so nice here so hopefully it gets warm for you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete