Monday, April 20, 2015

Catching Up

I have been the worst blogger lately.  I just needed a bit of a break and time to refocus on other things around the house.  I can't do it all, and sometimes, something has to hit the back burner and it seems that's where my blog has been lately.

I bought 2 new books recently.  I'm excited to spend some time on this one.
 
The other book I bought is called, "Boys should be boys: 7 Secrets to Raising Healthy Sons" by Meg Meeker. 
I'm a few chapters in and so far I'm liking it.  After I'm done reading about how to raise my son.  I'm going to invest in one about raising my daughters.  Raising my kids is the biggest and most important job I have right now, I want to do my best and try and do it right. 

One of Mom's cows calved last week and had twins.  Emma wanted to watch them being born, as she's always missed it by just a minute or two in the past.
She had fun and enjoyed it, even though you couldn't tell by the expression on her face!  Hahaha!  Life on the farm...

The weather has been so incredibly nice that we've been able to get outside and get quite a bit of stuff done.  It feels so good to get a head start on the yard work for the year.

Saturday afternoon after working outside all day, Dan and I met up with my sisters & brother-in-laws and had an early dinner.  We were just missing my brother and his wife. 
 

We had the steak dinner and as good as it was... these were even better!  Yum!!!

One of the things that I love the most about this nice weather is the way it draws the kids back outside to play.  After a long winter inside, I love looking around the yard and seeing signs of the kids outside.  Even if they do leave a mess wherever they go. 

By the way, did you know that the "swim noodles" aren't only good for swimming, but also for fights around the yard.  I think my kids use them for "war" more than they do for swimming.  ;)

My boys

I finished out the evening last night by the fire.  Alone at the fire with my kindle, and an ice tea was a perfect way to end the weekend!
And a s'more.  Gracie thought I needed one...  I think I did!  :)

Hope you all had a great weekend!  

1 comment:

  1. I am very curious about the book on Jackie. Let me know how it is! So glad the weather is warming up for you guys too! It's been gorgeous here!

    ReplyDelete